Saturday, March 9, 2013

Not the post I'd hoped for!

Last time I posted on here I was having the most divine holiday with my beautiful boys and running some amazing times! We arrived home on Tuesday 12th February and on Wednesday the 13th, unfortunately the very relaxed post holiday feeling came to a screaming holt with an admission to hospital for Mr 3 ( and mummy as he is too little to be on his own)! While we were away, Essington had two quick trips to hospital with a swollen left side of his face. No one was really too sure what it was from, but they suspected maybe a chipped cheek bone. This same swelling in the face is what took us to hospital on the 13th!!!!! Initially there were many guesses as to what it might be, but after an ultrasound it was established that Mr 3 had 4 calcium stones in the Parotid gland and salivary duct in his face. Fast forward to today the 9th March.......... Mr 3 and I have been in Perth 3 weeks today on our own away from my beloved husband and Mr 8. In the past 4 weeks we have had 17 days in hospital. Mr 3 has had one operation to remove one of the four stones. Mr 3 will undergo at least one more operation this coming week to attempt to remove the other 3 stones. He's had countless ultrasounds, 2 cat scans, LOTS of blood tests and more needles than I can remember! He has taken more Panadol, nurofen and extremely strong pain killers than I've seen in all my life! I'm doing my best to stay strong - mummy inner strength is an amazing thing! Feel free to leave a message of support - even just a smile will be appreciated! Xxxx

4 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

You poor things. Best wishes, C

Unknown said...

Oh no! That sounds horrible. I hope things improve quickly xx

Liz N said...

That's horrible for you both. Are these stones rare?

Maryanne said...

Thank you Charlotte, Michelle and Liz. Yes Liz very rare. I wondered if you had come across these during your pharmacy time?