Sunday, July 26, 2009

An expanded update....

1. Mike Tucker and I all flew over to Brisbane for the July school holidays. It did cross my mind many times to cancel the trip with all the pregnancy challenges I have been facing, however decided we would go and deal with the effects while we were there. Although the flight over was a little uncomfortable, we made it safely and it was all positive from there. I had a few nasty episodes of the pain but nothing drugs and laying down could not fix. 

We saw my mum and dad (one of the main reasons why we went - my mum relies on oxygen 24 hours a day and will not be able to fly to see the new baby), Mikes mum, my two brothers, my two sisters in law and a dear family friend Carole. 

We had lots of quality family time together and enjoyed every minute of our time together. Most mornings were sleep in's and then headed out from our hotel / apartment by around 10 or 11 o'clock. 

I would have loved to catch up with the Queensland crew but it was a holiday were I did not want to be tied down to time and where we just needed family time together.

We took Tucker to Australia Zoo - he loved it all, Science works, a Ferry ride on the river, a drive down to the Gold Coast for a walk on the beach, shopping and lots of relaxing!

2. Since I have come home from holidays the pain in my hips and pelvis has almost reduced to zilch! YAY!!! It is so much easier to be mobile. I was really struggling with the isolation of been at home all the time on my own, but now am feeling so alive now that I can easily get out and about. I have had the odd twang of pain and there are still things I find hard to do but am 95% better than what I was. 

3. With the reduction in pain, I returned to the gym last week. I am doing some very gentle cycling and walking on the treadmill. Initially I was very nervous and wondered if the nasty pain may return but so far so good. I am not there to break any records ( considering I only have 7 weeks to go) but I am been active and that's what is most important. On my gym days I generally need a sleep in the afternoon but that is a  good side effect of what I am doing

4. I LOVE the new car - it is so easy to drive and park, and I do not need to climb in and out of it like I had to do with the 4WD. Fuel economy is amazing - one because it is smaller than the 4WD but also because it is a hybrid.

5. Good friends of ours, and Tuckers best friend at Kindy are leaving town to move to Broome in the next couple of weeks. Tucker, Mike and I are going to miss them a lot. Lucky it is only 800 km up the road so we will easily be able to visit. 

6. I am now down to 7 weeks and 1 day until I have little Junior. The last part of the pregnancy seems to have gone very quickly. Junior is a very active boy, but love the feeling of all the kicks and punches. Tucker is so excited. I am going to make him a calendar so he can mark the days off until his little brother is here. He is helping me get things ready........ and loving it. 

Wow - glad I got all that down. Hopefully not too much reading for you....... lol. xxx

No comments: