Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Taking every day as it comes

Well I have been taking each day as it comes - however i did not expect to be sleeping in an arm chair in the hospital tonight next to my beautiful 5 year old. He has been admitted to hospital with bad abdominal pain. They have ruled out all things serious - they are thinking some sort of virus. Did I really need to have any more challenges right now.

Tonight my emotional state is feeling too challenged. They say challenging things are sent to the strong people who can handle them but my strength is at it's limit now.

I have been trying hard to focus on my training - it something I really enjoy doing so am trying to focus some of my energy in that direction - as hard as it might be. I know it also assists in my mental health.

Congratulations to all those who have just competed and good luck to those who are competing this weekend.

x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maryanne,
I've been thinking of you and wondering how you've been doing and it sounds like you've been challenged with this virus.
Huge hugs to you and so glad that you can focus on your training and feel a bit better.
Hugs
Liz :)

Maryanne said...

Thanks Liz,
Yes it has been pretty tough - I really hope nothing else now. I am just focusing on a day at a time at the moment. x