Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I did it.....


On sunday I crossed the finish line of the Perth Chevron City to Surf after completing the half marathon! I am rapt that I completed the distance! Will I do it again - my word I will - in 7 weeks time at the Melbourne Marathon Festival (Half marathon again).

I have set myself some realistic goals for my next race and I can't wait to train to hopefully achieve what I have set for myself.

I feel like after only 5 months of consistent run training that running a half marathon is a HUGE achievement, and pair this with major knee surgery 20 months ago where the surgeon said I may never be able to run again, and I am on cloud nine right about now. If only on cloud nine there was a little less leg pain!

As soon as I have the professional photos I will upload some to my blog here so that you can see the pain and joy on my face!

If I can do it you can too...... I saw a post the other day and now I can't find it...... It said "it doesn't matter if you run 4 minute kilometres or 7 minute kilometres, its still a kilometre" - I wish I could find it again!

xxx

No comments: