Monday, July 21, 2008

....... 12 weeks until WA IFBB State Titles



well here are my pics 12 weeks out from the IFBB WA State Titles. had to send the photos off the Jo Rogers at Styleonstage.com.au so she knew what changes to make to my new costume for the comp in October. "New Year New costume" - competing IFBB so will need to change from g string to Brazilian bottom. Thought it was a good opportunity to post them here as well so you can all see what i look like. All feedback greatly accepted.

As you can see in the photos my left knee is looking pretty good or 2 1/2 week post surgery. Still a little swelling to go but not too bad. I started rehab for my knee on Friday. I have a series of 10 exercises that I need to do at least twice a day - some as often during the day as i can. reps were initially really low due to fatigue and pain, however over the course of 4 days i have managed to increase to 2 sets of 10 reps for each exercise. 

My physiotherapist suggested i try level 2 on the bike and ride for 10 minutes and see if it had any impact on pain, fatigue, swelling etc. Success - no pain, no swelling and no fatigue. My cardio sessions are now consisting of:

  • 30 minutes walking at 7 km/h varying incline between 0% and 6%
  • 15 minutes cycling on stationary bike at level 2. Rpm 85-100
  • 15 minutes of rehab exercises.
  • On other days i include push ups, sit ups crunches etc. off the treadmill every 2 minutes
I have been continuing my upper body workouts - thank goodness i can still do these. I don't think I would be very easy to live with without any weight training. Because at the moment I can not fully train legs, my trainers at getphatonline.com  have decided I will train shoulders twice a week - once at the start the other at the end of the week. Jen Hendershott and her staff are amazingly supportive and even though they are thousands of miles away, i feel like they are right by my side. 

Dieting is going really well - really feel in control of what i am eating. I have a "Free" meal once a week but interestingly still find myself eating chicken, i just usually add noodles, and a sauce which i do not have during the week.

Its time to eat another meal so better go and eat!!!! (the story of a competitors life)

" People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of." Beth Bingham
 



1 comment:

Raechelle said...

Looks like you're in a great starting place! Good luck with your program!