Thursday, August 21, 2008

My return to weight training........

Today was D day - or should I say w day - return to weights day! I have been suffering for a week with a chest and throat infection and tonsillitis. Woke up feeling like I was back to normal so in I went.

I had an awesome workout. It was worth waiting for. I trained arms and legs together as I have a three day split for my training this week - normally do 5 day split but just needed to give my body a little rest. 

By the time I had finished my legs were on fire. I think DOMS is really going to come out to play!!!!!! Arms too for that matter. My workout was full of triple sets - so no time for rest..... by the time I was finished my clothes were drenched - a good indicator that I had worked really hard. 

Feel quite happy with were I am at 7 weeks and 2 days out from competition. Just need to keep this intensity up and I am sure I will do just fine.

Maryanne xxx


No comments: